Desi Banks has built a 2 million+ online following at the young age of 25. This episode is all about how he has built this influence and how you can do the same. You'll want to take lots of notes on this one. Enjoy!
Listeners can expect to learn in detail about:
- Building a 2 million+ following across all social media platforms
- Social media strategy
- How to schedule your posts
- Top comic mistakes on social media
- The importance of a good caption
- How to build a winning team
- Life outside of social media
- Hacking the social media algorithm
- TV vs. Social Media
- Filming your own sitcom
- "The major comic mistake online is consistency in posting."
- "Production quality matters on social media."
"You've gotta know WHEN and WHAT to post."
- "I thought I was going to the league!"
- "If you can do more with less, when you get more you can do anything."
- “Getting to this level, you need a team. You can’t do it by yourself.”
- “Comedians are so worried about going viral, but what they really need to worry about is finding their niche.”
- “Twitter is my test. I post it there first to see if it’s worth posting everywhere else.”
- “The whole time I was filming I thought, this is what Eddie Murphy went through.”
“If you can do more with less, when you get more you can do anything.”
“Consistency is key. You can’t just put one video out per week and think that’s enough.”
IF YOU'RE INTERESTED IN STARTING YOUR OWN PODCAST, JOIN JOEL'S ONLINE PODCASTING COURSE HERE:
GET $10 OFF WITH COUPON CODE: HOTBREATHPOD
If you haven’t done so already, please take a minute and leave a quick rating and review of the show on Apple Podcast by clicking on the link below. It will help us to keep sharing comedy mastery to you every week!
Joel's Website: http://www.JoelByarsComedy.com/
Joel's Comedy Class Registration:http://www.highwirecomedy.com/stand-up-comedy-writing-performance/
Link to Joel's Comedy Writing Book: https://ComicsPlaybook.com/product/finding-your-funny/
Join the Joel Byars E-mail List: http://eepurl.com/bRcmHr